Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Digital Apple Juice

For sometime now I have been meaning to talk about a website that is a must for all photographers to have bookmarked. Digital Apple Juice is in part the brain child of Dr. Michael Roach along with a few of his former students. Dr. Roach without question used to be one of the top five photography instructors in the U.S. I'm not bragging, the accomplishments, awards and photography of many of his former students will back that claim up. A few years back he retired from Stephen F. Austin University after enduring decades of daily wars that probably made his multiple   Vietnam War tours seem like a picnic eating pieces of cake before a Sunday stroll. Now the world can gleam from this mans brilliance along with the team he has recruited. No offense to Scott Kelby, but just Dr Roaches basic tutorials on Photoshop blows away anything I have seen at Kelby Training or anywhere else for that matter.

If you need to know anything about Macs, I suggest you just go ahead and start here, because if you don't, chances are you will end up here. Pretty much anything Apple or digital Imaging related can be found there. I now consider Digital Apple Juice pretty much my online photographic Swiss Army Knife.


One last thought and then I'll give you the URL. Be sure to check out Robbie Lacombs article on Composite Art. If you have not seen her work, you are missing out on one of the best Photo Composite Artist in the world! I kid you not, some of her composites just turn me into a zombie. I can and have sat and looked at just one of her photos for an hour admiring it in part and trying to figure out what all the elements are...and I'm really good at finding Waldo! Ok here is the url...http://digitalapplejuice.com/ GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment